Half of today was spent waiting around for a guy to come and look at the lights. So, I decided to use the time to make a thank-you present for my friend Xenia's parents who recently had me to stay in their beautiful house in Cyprus.
Not just any muffins, pizza muffins! (Simon Rimmer at the BBC needs to be acknowledged for the base of the recipe, I then got a little carried away making a few changes and additions).
1. Pour 225g of self-raising flour into a mixing bowl and add 100g of courgette, 100g of mature cheddar cheese and a good amount of ground salt and pepper.
2. In a separate container mix 175mls milk, 1 egg and 55mls olive oil.
3. Add together and mix / fold trying to keep as much air in as possible. That's how to get nice air bubbles.
4. Grease the pockets of a baking tray for muffins and spoon the mixture in. I then added some chopped tomatoes, olives and put a little ball of mozarella into the middle of each (luckily left over from pasta I'd made earlier this week).
A very London based harvest (big credit to Lucy Lu)
- too good to be used in the muffins but also too good not to feature somewhere.
|I ate the other half of the tomato.|