Shrove Tuesday.... Clearly one of the best days of the year...
1. Get together with some fellow pancake enthusiasts
2. Spend 20 minutes Googling the best batter recipes
3. 3 minutes making it up
4. At least 10 minutes hotly debating whether thick or thin pancakes should take precedence
5. With a decision reached, wait patiently whilst reminiscing over some memorable pancake-related stories (peanut butter with cheese, enjoying sunset on the beach in Thailand has to top my list)
6. Enjoy with some seriously cheeky fillings!
Feeling brave?? I promise you, savoury stuffings are the way forward:
Bacon and cheese
Mexican 3 bean
Warmed tomato, mozzarella and basil
Chille con carne
Chicken tikka masala
Ham, leek and mushroom
7. Follow with a sufficient number of happy gustatory noises
8. And.......... squabbling over who gets the last one is of course compulsory.
Right now it looks like Tom, Joey and I will be choosing between Bacon and Cheese and Meatball Marinara. Photos to follow! X